Dolphin Day Camp
Dolphin Day Camp is a five-day program that introduces children to the amazing world of dolphins. Students meet DRC's resident dolphin population, learning to respect each dolphin as an individual through observation of their unique behavioral and physical characteristics.
The course includes a unique blend of classroom discussions, observation time, and hands-on activities and proves that learning can be fun! Class sizes will be capped at fifteen students to ensure individualized instruction.
Dolphin Day Camp students get a close-up look at dolphins.
DolphinCamp (age 7-9 and 10-12)
Discussions and Activities Include:
- Dolphin Biology
- Coral Reefs
- Sea Lions
- Baleen Whales
- Manatees, and more!
Activities with the Dolphins Include:
- One Dolphin Splash session, going into waist deep water to play with the dolphins
- One Meet a Dolphin session, for a personal introduction to a dolphin with a "flippershake" and backrubs
- Try being a trainer, learning to "talk" to the dolphins using hand signals to ask for behaviors in signal session from the dock.
The cost of Dolphin Day Camp is $175.00(US) or $150.00 (US) for Florida Keys residents. Tuition includes all classroom discussions, activities, and photographs taken of your dolphin interactions throughout the week.
Although there are no prerequisites for attending Dolphin Day Camp, applicants should have a strong desire to experience and learn about dolphins and the marine world.
July 9th-July 13th : Ages 7-9 Sold Out (Standby applications only)
July 16th-July 21st: Ages 10-12 Sold out (Standby applications only)
Click here to enroll in Dolphin Day Camp 2018.
*Cancellation Policy- Cancellations must be made in writing. Participant substitutions are welcomed. The following refund terms shall apply:
- Cancellation more than 14 days from the start of the program- Refund of program cost minus $35 processing fee.
- Cancellation less than 14 days from program start date - No refund